Monday, March 31, 2008

BOLLING WILL SEEK RE-ELECTION IN 2009
















This is GREAT news! It sets up the possibility of a dream ticket for 2009:

Governor: Bob McDonnell
Lt. Governor: Bill Bolling
Attorney General: Ken Cuccinelli
*****************
Richmond – Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling today announced that he will forgo an anticipated campaign for Governor in 2009, and will instead seek re-election as the state’s Lieutenant Governor.

Bolling, who was elected Lieutenant Governor in 2005, was expected to seek the state’s highest office in 2009, but he announced on Monday that various personal and professional commitments would prevent him from running for Governor next year.
“While I deeply appreciate the encouragement I have received from countless people all across our state, I have decided that I will not be a candidate for Governor in 2009”, Bolling said. “While it would be a great honor to serve as Governor of Virginia someday, I have decided that this is simply not the right time in my personal and professional life for me to embark on a gubernatorial campaign.”
“While I will not be a candidate for Governor in 2009, I do plan to seek re-election to the office of Lieutenant Governor”, Bolling added. “I have enjoyed serving as Lieutenant Governor for the past two and half years. I believe I have made a positive contribution to the betterment of our state and our party, and I think I am growing into the job with every passing day. I am willing to continue serving in that capacity if it is the will of the people of Virginia.”

No comments: