Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Congressman Goodlatte to hold 3 Heathcare Townhalls

(Note: this is a chance to THANK CONGRESSMAN GOODLATTE for standing AGAINST Socialized Medicine)


I want to take the opportunity to invite you to attend one of my upcoming town hall meetings which will take place at the following locations:
Thursday, September 3rd from 7-9 p.m. at Hidden Valley High School in Roanoke
Saturday, September 5th from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at Turner Ashby High School in Bridgewater
Saturday, September 12th from 2-4 p.m. at Holy Cross Regional Catholic School in Lynchburg
Additionally, last week I held the first in a series of telephone town hall meetings on health care reform. With thousands of 6th District residents on the line, we had a very productive discussion regarding the current proposals being considered by Congress.
The majority of my constituents seemed to have the same questions and concerns that are being raised at town hall meetings across the country. As I took unscreened questions at random, I overwhelmingly heard folks express their opposition to the Democrats’ health care reform proposal. Below is a brief sample of some of the comments made by my constituents on the line…
“We are strongly opposed to the health care program proposed by the Democratic Party.”
“As a senior citizen I am really concerned about this bill going through. I am concerned about the rationing [of care] they are considering for older people.”
“I keep hearing that they are going to reduce a lot of the funds for Medicare which will definitely affect the seniors… I am very concerned about that.”

No comments: